Regular City Elections
Regular city elections are held at the same time and place as general state elections in accordance with applicable state election laws. The next regular city election in Fairview is scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
The first day to file with the City Recorder for the November 2020 election is June 3, 2020 and the last day to file is August 25, 2020 by 4:00 PM.
Four Fairview City Council Positions will be on the November 2020 ballot.
- Position 1: 4-year term, currently held by Cathi Forsythe
- Position 2: 4-year term, currently held by Mike Weatherby
- Position 3: 4-year term, currently held by Keith Kudrna
- Position 5: 2-year term (remaining portion of 4-year term), currently held by Steve Owen
|Candidate Filings||Position 1||Position 2||Position 3||Position 5|
|Wendy Lawton||Steve Marker||Keith Kudrna||Steve Owen|
Qualifying for City Council
A qualified elector shall have resided in the City of Fairview during the 12 months immediately preceding a City election to be nominated for an elective City position.
- All positions are elected at-large and terms are four years in duration.
- All positions are unpaid, volunteer positions.
- Candidates may file by declaration (paying a $25 filing fee) or by petition (minimum of 25 signatures of qualified city electors). Written approval to circulate a petition for signatures must be obtained from the City Elections Officer at the time of candidacy filing.
- The term of office of a person elected at a regular City election shall commence the first Council meeting of the new year immediately following the election.
- The nomination of Mayor and City Councilors shall be non-partisan. Council positions are numbered in consecutive order. Each Councilor shall be designated by the same position as the Councilor he or she has succeeded or will succeed in office.
Devree Leymaster l City Elections Officer l 503-674-6224 l Devree Leymaster