We are always looking for volunteers who are interested in the community. There are many volunteer opportunities.
Committees and Commission
The City Council appoints citizens to committees and boards to advise the Council on certain decisions and policy matters. These dedicated citizens meet on a regular basis to address current issues and look for ways to make Fairview an even better place to live and work.
Applications are being accepted for the below volunteer member positions with terms commencing in early 2021. The deadline to submit applications for appointment consideration by the City Council is Friday, January 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM. Budget Committee and Planning Commission candidates will be interviewed prior to appointment consideration.
Commission / Committee Openings: Brief Description
- Budget Committee / 4 positions: reviews the proposed budget each fiscal year and makes a recommendation on the budget to the City Council for final adoption. Typically meets the last Monday in April and first two Monday’s in May.
- Planning Commission / 2 positions: charged with the express duty of administering and enforcing the Zoning Ordinance of the city of Fairview. Is a seven member body appointed by the Fairview City Council. FMC 2.15
- Community Engagement Committee / 4 positions: encourage greater opportunities for and recognition of arts and community events in Fairview and to stimulate private and public initiatives and financial support for programs and activities in the arts and community events. FMC 2.17
- Economic Development Advisory Committee / 4 positions: advise and make recommendations to the City Council regarding economic needs in the city of Fairview. FMC 2.21
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee / 3 positions: advise and make recommendations to the City Council regarding Fairview's parks facilities, natural areas, and open spaces and recreation resources and activities. FMC 2.16
- Public Safety Advisory Committee / 2 positions: advise and make recommendations to the Chief of Police and City Council regarding public safety needs in the city of Fairview. FMC 2.19
MCSO Citizen Patrol
To learn more about MCSO Citizen Patrol go to www.mcsocp.com.
If you need additional information, contact us at 503-665-7929.