Click to Home
Go To Search
Fairview Facebook PageFairview Twitter Page
Traffic Citations
You have been issued a citation for violation of state law. You have the following options available to you prior to your court date:
  • You may plead guilty or no contest and pay the base fine amount. You may also submit a written statement to the court with payment in full.
    • You cannot have a trial if you plead guilty. However, you may explain what happened to the judge. The judge will consider your explanation when deciding the penalty.
  • You may plead not guilty and the court will set your case for a trial.
    • You must enter a not guilty plea if you want to have a trial. This may be done in one of the following ways:
      • You may come to court on your scheduled court date and tell the judge you want to enter a not guilty plea.
      • You may send a letter saying that you wish to plead not guilty. 
        Note: It is important that you not offer any explanations in your letter - just write that you want to plead not guilty. You will be allowed to give your statement at the trial.
      • You may sign and date the back of your citation under option 3 and mail it to the court. This must be received prior to your court date and time.

You may contact the court clerk to ask further questions. Please allow 72 hours after receiving your citation to contact the court so the citation can be processed.